Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review Dove Refresh + Care Volume Dry Shampoo

I will be completely honest and start by saying that I had huge expectations of this dry shampoo especially after hearing so much about it. I was expecting it to be a magic spray, and the answer to all bad hair day situations. 

Lets see how it fares. 



I am reviewing it based on certain points, that I look for in a dry shampoo.

Color - It comes out clear mostly, but sometimes leaves a white cast which goes away on rubbing or brushing your hair. 
 
Volume - Gives reasonable volume and lift to the hair. I use it on my second day hair and sometimes even third day hair.

 
Oil Absorption - Does a good job at absorbing oil from hair. 

 
Powdery Residue - Feels light on the hair and and doesn't give much of a powdery feeling or residue. Hair doesn't feel loaded with product.

 
Texture - Gives bit of a textured finish to the hair, which I don't really like, I don't like when my hair doesn't feel like my hair (but that's just me). For those of you who style your hair will probably enjoy this ..


Smell - Has a nice but strong  smell. 

Overall its a good drugstore shampoo for the price. Nothing life changing, but definitely worth trying. Its not available in Australia yet, but in US, its retails for ~ 5 dollars. 

2 comments:

  1. Why does Dove cater the good things only outside India? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha Nivedita :) I feel you, this is not available in Australia too :(
      But may be soon, lets keep fingers crossed :)

      Delete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)