Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review & Swatch - Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in 'Bright Blue'

Have heard a lot about Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal eyeliners and have been wanting to try these since a while now. I finally bought it when Big W had 4 $ off on Rimmel products. I will be reviewing Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal in 'Bright Blue' today.  

There are a lot of good pigmented, long staying, smudge proof, creamy eyeliners out there in the market both drug store and high end. I have so far tried Urban Decay Glide on pencils, Nyx Slide on pencils, Maybelline Master Drama Eye Studio and now this and I have been impressed with all of them. Lets see the good and the bad of this product ..

This is how it looks on me (Maybelline Tattoo Bad to Bronze on the lid)

 Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in 'Bright Blue'

Three swipes on the right, One swipe on the Left

The Good
  • Decent Color payoff
  • Creamy texture, glides on well on the eyes
  • Long staying  - stays put on my upper lash line through the day, on my waterline and lower lashline, starts wearing off only on the inner and outer corner towards the end of the day, but so do most of the long stay ones on me.
  •  Water proof but not completely smudge proof, will smear a bit if you forcefully try to smudge it 
  • Colored Packaging - easy to locate 
  • Perfect for a pop of color

The Bad
  • The pigmentation could have been better, though its easily build-able . As you can see in the swatches above, one swipe is not that pigmented. 
  • Some people may find it too bright (though I find it gorgeous)

The Price 
10 AUD (circa) - I bought it on sale
 
Where to buy  
Priceline, Kmart, Big W, Target

Overall I would recommend this eyeliner and I would love to try other colors from this Range ..

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Preethi, its a gorgeous color. Blue and purple look good on brown eyes..

      Delete
  2. Wow the this color looks beautiful!

    I have awarded your beautiful blog for the LIEBSTER award! I am a regular visitor of your blog and really it.
    Congratulations!!!!

    To get your award please visit the following link-
    http://glamourgirlz128.blogspot.in/2013/05/my-very-first-blog-award-liebster.html?spref=bl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank u so much Samar :) am glad you are enjoying the bog :) I will soon check out the award ..
      Hoping to see you more often :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely colour! A proper royal blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dollie, yes it is a true Royal blue color ..

      Delete
  4. wow. It looks so beautiful.:) The blue is indeed a gorgeous color that made the eyes stand out.:)
    loved it.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niesha :) yes it does make the eyes stand out so well and is a good pop of color :)

      Delete
  5. Very pretty eyeliner, I love that it's so bright =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantel, me too :) love that fact thats its bright, n its different to the other blues I have ..

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful color :) it is actually my favourite color ! Thanks for sharing :) Please do drop by my blog if you have a chance !

    Cherry ~~

    cherryberrypoon.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Cherry Berry :) Welcome to the blog , n yes will check out ur blog soon ..

      Delete
  7. I've recently bought the nude shade to try on the waterline. Although I'd like a blue pencil I have far too many already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nude is next on my list, I have been wanting to try a nude for my waterline and I reckon Scandaleyes is the lucky one ;)

      Delete

Welcome to my blog ! Hope you enjoyed reading 'The Vanity Bag Diaries'. Leave a comment and let me know you were here :)